As part of Project Mission Creep, I’m consolidating some boxes of old photos into the actual filing system.
Things posted recently include:
These skaters are really good.
Not sure where, if anywhere, I’m going past here. But Felicia gave me an old single-use camera at the Minn-StF fallcon, and I shot it when I went out with Ctein after fall foliage the next week.
And I got the negatives back (from Citizens Photo in Portland) last week.
Not entirely sure yet what I’ll do with the photos. It’s an interesting project, and it’s startling how bad some of the photos are technically (shot outdoors on a nice sunny day!).
It’s really bad at using system resources effectively. I’m sure this is why it’s so slow at exporting developed photos, and it’s probably also why it’s slow to respond to controls. Here we see Lightroom using barely half the CPU exporting 18 photos—something that is trivially parallelizable to 18 cores (since the photos are independent). In contrast, the old Bibble Pro, which is now available as Corel Aftershot Pro, would always put the whole processor to work.